Postdoc position in Bochum
to work on the IceCube realtime program and multi-messenger studies
The Chair of Multi-Wavelength Astrophysics at the Faculty of Physics and Astronomy is looking for a Postdoc (m,f,x) for the period until 30.06.2026 (end of project) with 39,83 hours per week (TV-L E 13)
The Chair Multi-Wavelength Astrophysics is involved in high-energy neutrino detection with the IceCube Observatory, gamma-ray detections with the Fermi Large-Area Space Telescope and the next-generation observatory for very-high-energy gammy rays, The Cherenkov Telescope Array (CTA). Within the scope of a third-party-funding project the Chair of Multi-Wavelength Astrophysics has a vacancy for a Postdoc position (m/f/d).
- development and maintenance of IceCube realtime software
- multi-messenger data analysis
- presentation of results within IceCube collaboration and at international conferences
- supervision of students
- PhD in astroparticle physics (or related field)
- good knowledge of English
- good coding skills (preferentially in python)
- excellent communication and presentation skills
- experience in data analysis
- experience in neutrino astrophysics is a plus
- willingness to travel
- challenging and varied tasks with a high level of personal responsibility
- a qualified training
- team-oriented cooperation in a committed, international and appreciative team
- employment at one of the largest universities in Germany in the University Alliance Ruhr network
- fair and flexible working hours
At the request of the applicant (m,f,x), the staff council may be involved in selection interviews.
If the position is funded by third-party funds the employee has no teaching obligation.
Contact details for your application:
Vera Nowak, Phone: +49234 32 26710
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
For information on the collection of personal data in the application process see: https://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/en/information-collection-personal-data-….
We are looking forward to receiving your application with the specification ANR: 2089 until 24/07/2023, send by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore More Events
Career Opportunityat the University of Wisconsin – Madison
Wisconsin IceCube Particle Astrophysics Center (WIPAC)